The Oklahoma Literacy Coalition Conference is the premier educational event in Oklahoma for individuals involved in working with adult literacy.
Attendees will include literacy tutors, adult education teachers, literacy council program administrators, adult learning center administrators, workforce professionals, state agency professionals, and adult learners.
This year’s theme, “Boots on the Ground,” is a salute to the many people who are fighting for literacy every day, no matter what type of boot they wear.
Below are a sample of the 2018 presentations:
- Poverty Simulation
- Career Coaching for Adults
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Adult Education
- Best Practices in Community-Engaged Teaching (Multi-level Learners)
- Naturalization 101: Overview of the Naturalization Process
- US Naturalization Test Teaching Objectives
- Understanding the HSE Instructional Path & Best Resources
- HiSET Roadmap for Instructors
- Six Syllables to Reading and Spelling Success
- Using Music To Motivate Reluctant Readers
- Apps to Help in the Classroom
- Training the Citizenship English Trainer: SIOP-Based Models
- Secret Recipe to Grant Writing-Fine Tuning your Story
September 8, 2019
Annual Literacy Awards and Booksigning by the authors of Celebrating Our Journey, Volume 11
September 9, 2019
Keynote Presentation and a full day of breakout sessions
September 10, 2019
Full day of breakout sessions
Call for Presentations
We are now accepting Calls for Presentations.
Information on sponsorships will be coming soon.
Information on exhibiting will be coming soon.
Check back for updates!