The Oklahoma Literacy Coalition Conference is the premier educational event in Oklahoma for individuals involved in working with adult literacy.
Attendees will include literacy tutors, adult education teachers, literacy council program administrators, adult learning center administrators, workforce professionals, state agency professionals, and adult learners.
This year’s theme, “Boots on the Ground,” is a salute to the many people who are fighting for literacy every day, no matter what type of boot they wear.
Below are a sample of the 2018 presentations:
- Poverty Simulation
- Career Coaching for Adults
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Adult Education
- Best Practices in Community-Engaged Teaching (Multi-level Learners)
- Naturalization 101: Overview of the Naturalization Process
- US Naturalization Test Teaching Objectives
- Understanding the HSE Instructional Path & Best Resources
- HiSET Roadmap for Instructors
- Six Syllables to Reading and Spelling Success
- Using Music To Motivate Reluctant Readers
- Apps to Help in the Classroom
- Training the Citizenship English Trainer: SIOP-Based Models
- Secret Recipe to Grant Writing-Fine Tuning your Story
All events will take place at the Reed Conference Center, 5800 Will Rogers Rd, Midwest City, OK 73110.
September 8, 2019
Annual Literacy Awards and Autograph Signing Party by the authors of Celebrating Our Journey, Volume 11. More information!
September 9, 2019
Keynote Presentation and a full day of breakout sessions
September 10, 2019
Full day of breakout sessions
Call for Presentations
We are now accepting Calls for Presentations.
Sponsorships and Exhibitors
Please visit the Sponsorships and Exhibitors Page for more information.
Check back for updates!