2023 OLC-TFCU Partnership Grants
Applications Due April 7, 2023
● Grants are to be used to assist programs with literacy events or projects, provide continuing education, or to purchase new equipment or literacy materials.
● Funds from the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition (OLC) grant program must be used in support of literacy among Oklahomans. Any grant application that cannot demonstrate a clear benefit to literacy efforts in Oklahoma will be denied.
● Funds may be used for such activities as: providing training for volunteer tutors, learners, and program leaders; acquiring materials to support literacy activities; purchasing equipment for learner and volunteer tracking; recruiting volunteers and learners; providing quality staff; and providing resources and accommodations to adults with learning disabilities.
Specific Ideas include:
- Professional Development/Conferences (Our conference will be Oct.30-31, 2023)
- Paying staff
- HiSET Vouchers
- Citizenship fees (such as biometrics)
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Subscriptions to Internet-based programs
- Oklahoma Literacy Coalition
- Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits
- STEM-based activities
● The applicant organization must have been a 2022 Organizational Member of the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition.
● The applicant organization must be a current 2023 Organizational Member of the Oklahoma Literacy Coalition (dues must be received by application deadline).
● Preference will be given to organizations requesting funding for adult literacy program(s).
● Previously funded organizations must be in compliance and have satisfied all requirements from the previous grant year.
● OLC grant funds may not be used for alcoholic beverages.
● OLC grant funds must be used to benefit the program, learners, or tutors.
● The applicant is responsible for indirect or overhead costs. Grant funds may not be used for items such as building rental, janitorial service, depreciation of equipment, insurance, rent, utilities. OLC reserves the right to reject applications both in their entirety or to offer only partial fulfillment of the grant request.
● Funded activities must take place during the grant period of May 1-November 30, 2023.
● Applications for the TFCU Partnership Grant will be accepted March 1 thru April 7, 2023.
● Programs may apply for up to $2,000.
● Awardees will be notified by April 30, 2023.
● Grants will be awarded by contractual agreement.
● Any unused funds for the specified project must be returned to OLC 30 days following the completion of the funded project or by December 15, 2023.